This week Poplin Data was all about Retail and eCommerce as we had a series of events in Sydney.
On Tuesday 23rd of July, we hosted the first in our Thought Leaders Breakfast series, where more than 70 people came to hear Catch Group Chief Product Officer Liron Nehmadi take us through the team’s data journey.
While you can access the full presentation from the day here, the sessions key takeouts covered:
- Discussing what is the ROI of building an analytics system?
- The core of the solution being to owning your own data.
- Key use cases around real-time alerts and signals.
- Catch Group’s future plans around data structure and scalability, and the acceleration to drive more data driven business processes
- Addressing how to design convincing business cases for decision-makers with data
From there we moved to the ICC as an exhibitor at the annual Online Retailer conference. Joining more than 2000 delegates, we had the chance to discuss data ambitions, trends and challenges.
For the Poplin team – the key take outs we had from the event were:
- Building Data Driven teams – what are the skills and capabilities retailers need to build for data first teams.
- The continuing rise of agile teams, and the focus on building cultures of innovation.
- Machine Learning has arrived, while it’s still early days, those retailers starting to experiment with ML, particularly for customer engagement, are starting to gain momentum
- The rise of contextual commerce
If you’re keen to meet up, check out the events we have planned for the year.
You can read more about our thoughts on Data Ownership here.